Join Us On A Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience in 2018
We are now taking bookings for our Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience commencing 12th May 2018. Join us for a fishing trip of a lifetime on the beautiful Scottish island of Islay famed for top quality fishing and 8 iconic malt whisky distilleries!
This is an exclusive opportunity to join us for a week of fly fishing in spectacular scenery, searching out the wildest of Hebridean hill lochs for brown trout and the saltwater for the ellusive sea trout.
During this week long trip, as our guest you will be part of a small group of anglers. We like to keep the groups small so that everyone spends plenty of time with the local guide to ensure that each guests gets the best possible experience.
For those anglers who enjoy a dram or two, there are no less than 8 iconic malt whisky distilleries on Islay, David used to be distillery manager at the largest of them all so is the perfect host for the whisky enthusiast!
Islay Brown Trout Fishing
There are dozens of hill lochs to choose from on Islay, some more remote than others, all in breathtaking surroundings. It is not uncommon to see osprey fishing whilst on the loch and Islay has fast become the eagle island with regular sightings of golden and white tailed sea eagle.
We fish the lochs from boat and from bank. During the week there is the opportunity to head out for one of the very remote hill lochs to search out a wee monster fish or two.
Islay Sea Trout Fishing
Islay is an incredible place to fish for sea trout. The fishing is very much tide dependent but we are usually able to give guests a chance to target and maybe even catch a beautiful Islay sea trout.
What is Included in Our Guided Fly Fishing Experience
As a guest on our Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience you will enjoy the following:
- Accommodation in a large traditional Scottish sporting estate house fully equipped with drying room and racks, with roaring wood fires to relax in front of with a dram after the day’s fishing
- Accommodation fully stocked with food and a few drams. We all help out during the week with cooking and clearing up.
- All fishing permits for both bank and boat fishing
- A local guide for the whole week
- Small group of anglers to ensure each guests spends plenty of time with a guide on a one to one basis
- Loan of rods and reels if required
- All flys included
- Fly tying
- Whisky tasting masterclass with David Wood, former Caol Ila Distillery Manager
- Distillery visits if desired
Listen to The Yorkshire Gent Podcast
During our Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience in April 2017, we were interviewed by Rob Marsden from The Yorkshire Gent Website. The interview was conducted over the phone which adds to the remote feel. The photos on this blog post were all taken during that trip.
Join Us For a Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience in May 2018
If you would like to join us in May 2018, or if you would like us to host a Guided Islay Fly Fishing Experience for you and your group of friends, please contact us here.
Slainte and tight lines all!